Retired Fire Apparatus
Truck number 623 is a 1974 Ford F700 powered by a 361cid gas engine this truck was set up with a 1000 gal tank for a tanker.
It was officially taken out of fire service at 11:26am on 21 January 2011 after many years of faithful service to Palmyra and the surrounding community. It will continue to serve, though, as a part of the Palmyra Parks & Rec Department.
626 MINI PUMPER
620 GMC C60 366 MOTOR 750 FRONT MOUNT PUMP 750 TANK
625 1976 C 30 BOX TRUCK USED FOR YEARS TO HAUL RESCUE EQUIPMENT
621 The next truck for the rural runs was bought in January, 1963. It was
mounted on a Ford chassis with 800-gallon booster tank.
This was in 1949 on a Ford
chassis with a 600-gallon booster tank. this truck was supposed to serve
rural folks for 10 years, but 10 years lapsed so quickly most folks hadn'thadn't
noticed it was gone.
International. The equipment was transferred to this truck from the
1920 Model T truck equipped with a 40-gallon chemical tank
( THESE PHOTO'S ARE NOT OUR ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT JUST KIND OF WHAT THEY WERE LIKE )
The equipment up to this time consisted of a two-wheeled hose cart
drawn by hand and a four wheeled ladder wagon equipped with several
ladders, pikepoles and rubber buckets. Pikepoles were made of oak
saplings, with the butt end about 4" in diameter, about 12' long, really
a four-man pole with extra heavy rings and hooks. Ladders also were